Westaff is seeking a long-term Licensing Specialist for a state department in Helena, MT!!
Schedule: M-F, 8am-5pm
Term: January 2023 - December 2023
- The Licensing Specialist position is responsible for administering licensing operations, processes, systems and data.
- Position provides licensing expertise to the department and other interested parties and assists in the implementation of licensing policy for the department.
- Incumbent ensures all application handling and data entry is performed in a consistent, timely and secure manner, and that fees collected with applications are deposited promptly.
- Identifying and resolving application errors, deficiencies, or other problems to ensure the accuracy, legitimacy and completeness of application documentation.
- Provide technical assistance and training to department staff and license providers regarding licensing operations.
- Disseminate program information to the public to increase awareness of program services, ensure compliance with state and federal requirements and foster support and understanding of program objectives.
- Provide information and technical assistance regarding functions and responsibilities of the Licensing Bureau to the public to ensure they understand legal processes and facilitate the operations of the office.
- Deescalate conflict situations with angry or frustrated customers including use of empathy and by calmly and patiently explaining licensing procedures and special drawing processes, the authority and jurisdiction of the department and bureau by using conflict resolution techniques.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- Extensive knowledge of office management practices.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Technical knowledge of Montana Codes Annotated, Administrative Rules of Montana, and Annual Rule Procedures.
- Considerable knowledge of working with complex internal systems.
- Understanding of internal accounting control procedures.
- Working knowledge of current system analysis design, testing and maintenance techniques and practices.
- Ability to recognize, analyze and solve complex problems.
- Ability to develop and implement complex licensing procedures; to interpret complex licensing information and circumstances and formulate solutions/recommendations to resolve licensing issues.
- Ability to learn quickly and independently; work under pressure to meet deadlines and prioritize work.
- Performs work indoors in a typical office environment with light lifting and extensive computer use.
- The employee is regularly required to stand, sit, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone.
- May sit for extended periods.
- Some travel and extra work hours are required.
- Must be able to handle changing priorities and deadlines in a professional and effective manner.
- The incumbent may encounter periodic stressful occurrences such as short deadlines and working with angry and/or uninformed public.
- The incumbent must be capable of handling these situations as well as periodic stressful occurrences.
- Among the incumbent responsibilities is fulfilling license providers requests for department materials such as boxes of hunting/fishing regulations which can weigh up to 50 pounds.
Don't miss out - apply TODAY for our Licensing Specialist position!
Military & Veterans encouraged to apply