Staff Accountant Needed in Morrisville, VT!
Schedule: Monday-Friday | 8am-5pm *flexible*
Payrate: $20-$30/hour DOE
- Maintains and updates accounting records and files, including, but not limited to GL, AP/AR, etc.
- Examines tax policies and handles tax payments and returns for assigned areas.
- Meets with department managers to discuss accounting/budgetary issues as needed.
- Posts transactions and categorizes records in the general ledger (e.g., by assets, liabilities and expenses). Takes action to ensure entries are accurate and charged to the appropriate department and code.
- Reconciles credit card statements.
- Analyzes transactions with internal and external stakeholders, and reports findings to manager in a timely manner.
- Conducts month-end and year-end closures in accordance with department and company practices.
- Assists Controller, and other finance department staff in preparation for audits as directed.
- Applies new accounting policies and ensure compliance with rules and regulations.
- Identifies way to improve financial processes, and reports findings to Controller.
- Tracks, prepares and files compliance reports for assigned departments, including but not limited to, International Trade in Arms Regulations, Federal Firearms License, IFTA, etc.
- Sets up a wide range of CIP and EIP accounts in QuickBooks, including, new GL accounts. Communicates CIP information to team members in a timely manner.
- Tracks and bills for a wide range of tenant use fees including, but not limited to, Mow/Plow rates, end of month, tenant credits, etc.
- Establishes and sets up new GL codes/accounts for new property purchases.
- Manages company AT&T account, including, new and existing lines, changes, upgrades, etc.
- Files various tax exemption certificates as needed.
- Reviews leases/addendums for accuracy, and keeps up-to-date SRD tenant billing workbook. Generates new customer codes in QuickBooks as needed.
- Processes new credit applications as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
APPLY NOW FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION FOR THE STAFF ACCOUNTANT POSITION!
Military Personnel and Veterans are encouraged to apply.