Westaff is looking for 1st Shift Collections Specialist in the Miami Lakes, FL area for IMMEDIATE HIRE!
Hours: 8:00am to 5:00pm, Monday thru Friday
- Researches and analyzes accounts prior to initiating debtor contact, examines historical data, evaluates past collection efforts
- Access multiple databases for obtaining account status or entering data on assigned accounts; verifies accuracy before and after entry
- Determines most effective and economical means of collection for each account; applies standard due diligence practices to collect monies owed; composes correspondence requiring knowledge of procedures and practices in collections and sends a variety of standard collection letters
- Coordinates with Admissions, Patient Care and Social Services Departments on Medicare, Medicaid, private insurance, HMO, and self-pay patients to obtain pre-billing information and approvals, to collect documentation and update billing files
- Provides financial counseling to discuss and resolve the debt situation; restructures or revises payment terms within well-established limits and procedures; recommends hardship or other deferments when appropriate to supervisor
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in billing and collections in an institutional health care organization with knowledge of 3rd party payer system
- Experience in Medicare, Medicaid and other third-party billing preferred
- Knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid billing regulations and Medicaid eligibility preferred
- Experience with Medicare and Medicaid DDE is a plus
- Must have knowledge of computer office/clinical software
- Must be able to read, write and understand the English language Essential Functions
As a Westaff Collections Specialist, We Offer You:
- Competitive pay
- Paid weekly (Direct Deposit or ATM Debit Card available)
- Access to health benefits and retirement plan
- A personal recruiter to help with job searches and assistance when at work!
- FREE ONLINE skills training
APPLY TODAY for IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION for our Collections Specialist job!
Members of the Military and Veterans Encouraged to Apply.