Under the direction of the Supervisor, Food and Nutrition, the Nutrition Service Worker performs a variety of food service functions including patient tray assembly and distribution, and dish room activities.
- Delivery of meals, nourishments or floor stock
- Assisting a patient/resident with menu selection
- Assistance with tray set-up, opening containers
- Communicating any related issues to the nutrition department or nursing station as appropriate.
- Printing worklists
- Completing a Delivery Cart Count sheet and nourishment labels
- Enter data related to floor stock and nourishment costs.
- Responsible for determining food production requirements based on production feedback.
- Responds to communications from nursing staff, patients and Nutrition Staff.
- Routinely answers departmental telephone calls and directs them accordingly.
- Serving customers in the hospital cafeteria
- Assists in catering hospital functions.
- Covers catering shifts in the absence of the caterer.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Prior experience in food service in a health care setting is preferred.
- Highly motivated, well organized and self-directed.
- Must work well as a team member.
- Must be able to push food carts with varying weights greater than 100lbs.
- Must be able to lift items that weigh up to 50 lbs.
- Good verbal communication and customer service skills required.
- Readily learns and applies new procedures and technology.
- Some prior knowledge of special diets preferred.
- Requires detailed attention and familiarity with proper patient identification procedures.
- Prior experience in patient setting is preferred.
- Telephone skills are helpful.
- Prior knowledge of various types of food preparation and familiarity with quantity food service equipment, quantify food service experience preferred.
- Basic knowledge of Safe Food Handling required.
- $14 for day shifts
- $15.25 for evening shifts
- $1.00 per hour extra for weekends worked.