Perform various duties in the preparation and production of multiple food products. Perform assigned responsibilities to support the safe and productive manufacture of quality product and to meet the goals of the Company.
Principal Duties &Responsibilities:
- Prepare and verify equipment, tools and mixing materials are ready for use at the start of each shift according to established procedures and batch schedule.
- Prepare products based on given specifications, including measuring, and mixing ingredients, converting units of measure, and keeping accurate records.
- Operate mixing equipment in the preparation of all products. Collaborate and communicate regularly with other mixing staff to ensure efficiency, quality and safety are always paramount.
- Perform ongoing quality checks to be sure all ingredients and products are being mixed to specification. Inform Mixing Supervisor or Quality Control staff of any inconsistencies noticed in raw materials or finished batches.
- Adhere to, use and encourage safe work practices, following safety rules and regulations including but not limited to Lock Out/Tag Out and personal protective equipment. Report any potential safety hazards, near misses or injuries to the Batching Supervisor / Batching Manager.
- Ensure a neat/clean/safe work area to prevent injury or product contamination. Participate in maintaining a clean work environment through the remainder of the facility as needed.
Physical Demand - Employees must be able to:
- Lift 50 lbs. from a bending, standing, or stooping position safely and comfortably.
- Bend, lift, climb, twist, reach, lean over, pull, push, stoop and stand on concrete floor on a regular basis and for long periods of time.
- Perform repetitive motor functions from a standing position for extended periods (three-four hours).
- Tolerate moderate to loud noise, fluctuating temperatures and wet working environment.
- HS diploma or GED
- Ability to communicate clearly, verbally & through written documentation.
- Ability to follow oral & written instructions.
- Ability to comprehend, utilize and adjust computer-controlled production equipment.
- Ability to reason with and apply basic math, including use of calculator and understanding units of measure.
- Basic mechanical skills.