Large distribution center in South Topeka, Kansas is hiring Warehouse Leads. The Warehouse Lead works with the Warehouse Supervisor to effectively and efficiently lead all the warehouse activities. The Lead will be responsible for general duties involving physical handling of product, materials, supplies and equipment. The Lead trains and coaches warehouse team members. Weekly Pay $19.50/hour with benefits available. Schedule: Sat-Mon, 5am-3:30pm or Tues-Fri, 5am-3:30pm
• Lead will check in associates and assist with orientation and training
•Warehouse Lead will communicate with the Warehouse Supervisor daily to execute the goals of the warehouse action plans.
•Lead will be working along with associates in handling general warehouse duties assigned
•Ensures compliance with regulatory, safety and company policies and procedures.
• Communication: Constantly (investigates, recommends, reports, etc.)
• Acute Vision: Constantly (observing both near and far, reading documents)
• Mobility: Ability to stand/walk for long lengths of time (Walking in warehouse)
• Bending/Squatting: Constantly (picking up product, moving product)
• Lifting: Frequent- Lift 50 lbs. or less (full cases of product)
• Ability to work in a warehouse environment where temperatures vary with the seasons
• Background in warehouse
• Experience in a leadership role preferred
• Must have strong communication skills, be detailed-oriented
• Experience working with minimal supervision.
Apply today for immediate consideration! Members of the Military and Veterans Welcome to Apply! Westaff is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. We encourage applicants of all ages and experience, as we do not discriminate on the basis of an applicant's age.