Chef provides full-scope, hands on production cooking in the Community Culinary Services is responsible for always maintaining a superior level of quality service and cleanliness.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Chef is always responsible for adhering to food quality, appearance, and presentation standards.
- Produce & serve menu cycle programs that comply with required Nutritional/Dietary criteria as required by local regulations & correctly prepare diets provided per Policy & Procedure.
- Demonstrate knowledge in all areas of cooking preparation and production.
- Visit residents periodically to evaluate food service such as quality, quantity, temperature, and appearance; and conduct evaluations to make revisions in operations / procedures to promote improved food service.
- Always exemplify Community standards of cleanliness, sanitation, and operational organization
- Knowledge of menu presentation, food preparation, production, food delivery systems, and utility
- Knowledge in all areas of local Health Department, OSHA, and other regulatory agencies
- Knowledge preparation & line production communication to other line/prep/dish person/ management staff
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite products