2nd shift Hesston KS Painter
230PM to 11PM
• Follow all Company rules, policies, procedures and requirements especially for: safety, quality, delivery and productivity/cost.
• Prepare surface surface(s) to be painted.
• Observe machine gauges, paint tools / equipment operation and paint application to detect defects or deviations from standards, and make adjustments as necessary.
• Determine paint flow, viscosity, and coating quality by performing visual inspections, or by using viscometers.
• Weigh or measure chemicals, coatings, or paints before adding them to machines.
• Select appropriate coatings, paints, or sprays, or prepare them by mixing substances according to formulas, using automated paint mixing equipment.
• Set up and operate and clean paint tools / machines to paint or coat products with such materials in accordance with standards and expectations.
• Effectively and efficiently apply paint using appropriate equipment in accordance with paint specifications and quality requirements which the painter must visually recognize.
• Turn dials, handwheels, valves, or switches to regulate conveyor speeds, machine temperature, air pressure and circulation, and the flow or spray of coatings or paints.
• Start and stop operation of paint tools / machines, using levers or buttons.
• Record operational data on specified forms.
• Start pumps to mix solutions and fill tanks.
• Operate auxiliary machines or equipment used in coating or painting processes.
• Assist other painters, other employees and train employees on job procedures.
• Use tools, equipment and technology, including hand or power tools, manufacturing/operations equipment and computerized or automated systems.
• Maintain work area(s) in a safe, clean and orderly fashion.
• Maintain production, other data and reports.
• Perform work duties, activities and responsibilities on assigned shift and schedule.
• Perform other duties, activities and responsibilities as instructed.
• Able to work flexible hours and shifts as needed.
All skill levels will be considered, including those with experience in high school or trade school.
If you are looking to start a brand new career apply online today.
Members of the Military and Veterans Welcome to Apply!
Westaff Staffing is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. We encourage applicants of all ages and experience, as we do not discriminate on the basis of an applicant's age.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
• High school diploma or GED required.
• At least 1 years of work-related experience, (working in a manufacturing / production work environment, or working in a painter role.)
• Must be able to pass a Pulmonary Function Test; Medical Questionnaire provided by the EHS Department.
• Must be able to pass a Qualitative Fit Test for use of Respirator. Fit Test provided by the EHS Department.
• Basic understanding of Electrostatic Paint Controls and Application.
• Must be able to apply both Liquid Topcoat and Powder Topcoat in accordance with Quality Standards.
• Able read and interpret work instructions or similar information is preferred
• Must be able to write legibly and demonstrate good communication skills.