Leading manufacturer in the air conditioning industry seeking for a Logistics Assistant !
Permanent Placement $45K / Mon - Fri 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
- Manages the shipment and receipt of all products, materials, and supplies.
- Collaborates and communicates with logistics technicians, customer service representatives, service providers, and others involved in the shipment and receipt of products.
- Organizes and tracks the proper delivery to the job site
- Coordination of the transport of Heavy equipment to the port of shipment, including mobile crane, forklift and all relevant method of statement
- Tracks, traces, and updates the status of incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Maintains a clean, neat, and member-ready area at factory receiving zone.
- Promptly unloads trucks, deliveries, sorts and stocks receivables.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements:
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of international logistic (import and export), shipment documents (Invoice, Packing List, BL/AWS), international trade (HTS code, Incoterms) and Compliance codes (FDA).
- Knowledgeable on US Customs clearance compliance.
- Keep up to date on all regulatory requirements governing the import and export of goods. This includes but is not limited to customs procedures for imports and exports, other government agency requirements i.e. health, agricultural, police and military, export controls and prohibited and restricted goods
- Scanning and sorting incoming and outgoing stock /Receiving, stocking, and stacking /Pulling, packing, and loading
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong sense of time organization and urgency
- Able to work independently and within a team
- 2+ years of experience in logistics management required.
- Forklift Certification within 90 days of job entry date
- Working knowledge of legal regulations and ISO requirements.