Westaff is Looking for an Executive Director in Fitchburg, MA for a DIRECT HIRE OPPORTUNITY!!
Salary Range: $120,000
Position Title: Executive Director, Brokerage
Full Time 37.5hrs/week
Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly supervises overall Management of the Brokerage. Carries out supervisory responsibilities by planning, organizing, directing and controlling the work and the activities of subordinates/ employees in accordance with organization’s policies and procedures. Responsibilities include: interviewing, hiring, training, coaching, mentoring, planning, assigning, directing and reviewing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
This Senior Business Unit Management position is responsible for the day-to-day management of all brokerage operations including: Maintaining and improving established business metrics, establishing and implementing all compliance programs to align with Human Service Transportation (HST) Office requirements. Assures brokerage operation maintains efficient processes to operate within established business margins, as well as to prevent, detect and correct fraud and/or noncompliance. Conducts risk assessments and compliance reviews to provide assurance to the leadership team and HST that efficient internal controls, quality and performance metrics, as well as business policies and procedures are in place, well understood and respected by all employees. Assures Company is compliant with all aspects of its contract with Executive Office of Health and Human Services (EOHHS) and all relevant laws, policies and regulatory requirements stated therein.
The Executive Director of Compliance oversees the Internal Auditing of Brokerage Operations to include: Management of proactive monitoring and analysis of data collection, internal and external reporting, statistics and all required performance metrics and contractual obligations. Develops, Implements and monitors improvements and enhancements to increase efficiencies, performance and customer satisfaction.
Essential Functions/Position Responsibilities:
Compliance Strategy and Plan
- Directs analysis and development of necessary levels of knowledge and training on existing and emerging regulatory compliance requirements and established performance metrics across the brokerage operation.
- Develops a compliance work plan that reflects management responsibilities to direct, operate, administer and implement the programs of HST Brokered transportation services
- Implements a brokerage-wide risk assessment with participation of departmental leadership and implementation of corrective action plans, if necessary
- Works with IT and third-party vendors to analyze system operations and oversees the appropriate usage of and enhancements to all brokerage software and technology applications
- Provides direction and expertise on development and deployment of operational policies, procedures and processes to meet and exceed regulatory compliance requirements and established performance metrics
- Motivates management and staff in support of a culture of compliance, responsibility, accountability and integrity
- Identifies and responds effectively to emerging new compliance risks. Periodically revises the compliance plan in light of internal (organizational) or external (legal or regulatory) changes
- Attends internal meetings and required meetings with EOHHS / HST, subcontractors and business partners
Oversight and Implementation
- Monitors all brokerage operational performance to ensure optimum efficiency, continuity of operations in compliance with all policies, procedures, processes and contractual obligations
- Collaborates with and guides brokerage directors and department managers to identify and evaluate technologies, defining user requirements and establishing technical specifications to increase staff productivity and quality of client services
- Operates as the primary contact for EOHHS / HST, as well as various human and social service agencies, representing the best interest of Company while fulfilling all contractual obligations, as well as regulatory and performance requirements
- Manages the structure of the 24 hour On-Call Emergency Contact System to fulfil required HST services needed beyond normal business hours including nights, weekends and holidays
- Oversees and monitors the implementation of all compliance programs of the brokerage
- Participates in the procurement process, including selection and award of contracts to ensure all HST service requirements are attained and to effect positive change in the brokerage operations
- Reviews contractual documentation for approval by Company Officer(s)
- Provides analysis and information for strategic decision-making to Company Officers and Sr. Management team
- Prepares and presents clear and concise reports to Company Officers, EOHHS / HST and the Company Advisory Board
- Coordinates with IT, or other designated and authorized consultants on internal compliance reviews, risk assessments and monitoring activities, including periodic and standardized reviews, as well as evaluations of technical needs and upgrades
- Communicates integrity, ethical standards and values to all brokerage employees to ensure adherence to compliance-related policies including awareness of fraud, waste and abuse becomes culturally ingrained
- Assess and raises awareness of business risks to Company Officers and Senior Management
Investigation and Crisis Management
- Conducts reviews, assessments and investigations, both independently and in coordination with other departments as needed on matters related to brokerage operations
- Directs the development of plans to investigate and manage corrective measures related to fraud, compliance-related concerns and violations, including appropriate incident reporting channels as established by contract
When duties and responsibilities change, the employee may be asked to perform other duties as required as business needs dictate. Employees are required to identify any changes in their job duties since the descriptions were last reviewed. Additionally, Company may ask that employees conduct a review of their position as part of the performance-evaluation process.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Business Management, Public Administration or similar field with required minimum of 7 years’ experience in a Leadership position with demonstrable business achievements, as well as adeptness in change management
- Previous work experience in a data-driven service environment strongly desired
- Valid Unrestricted Driver’s License or reliable means of transportation to work is required
- Strong leadership, customer service, problem solving and change management skills
- Ability to manage large, complex projects and make decisions in a fast-paced, complex environment
- Effective oral, written and listening communication skills with the ability to present oral and written presentations to customers, business partners, subcontractors, contracting agencies and the public
- Proficiency in developing trust and working collaboratively with customers, business partners, subcontractors, contracting agencies and the public
- Maintain high level of confidentiality, discretion, diplomacy and good judgment
- Ability to analyze, interpret and communicate complex data and information to diverse audiences
- Proactive approach to coaching/mentoring and developing brokerage management and staff
- Continuous process improvement, change management and critical thinking
- Proficient in MS Office
- Strategic and analytical mindset, detail oriented and highly organized
- Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented environment