Remedy Staffing seeking a 1st Shift WELDER
Company is in Wichita, KS – Urgent need!
6:30am to 5:00pm Mon-Thursday with Friday OT as needed
Summary: Welder operator to assist in the safe production of high-quality skid steer weldments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Included list, additional duties may be assigned as needs arise.
• Comply with all safety regulations and wear all appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for the job.
• Read, learn, understand, interpret work instructions, and other written or verbal instructions to complete the assembly of parts or components according to established quality guidelines and standards.
• Advanced knowledge of Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW) process, including spray and pulse weld transfer.
• Must be able to perform and pass welder certification test upon hiring.
• Problem-solve and trouble-shoot issues with welding machines with little to no assistance from Lead or Supervisor.
• Understand basic weld defects and welding specifications to insure the utmost weld quality.
• Able to weld in the flat, horizontal and vertical position.
• Safely position and secure work pieces into welding fixtures using hoist and cranes.
• Operate a variety of grinders and power tools while using the proper techniques learned in training.
• Properly inspect critical parts prior to using them for production.
• Continually keep work area organized and clean following all World Class Manufacturing standards.
• Function as a team member to resolve production-related issues.
• Able to continually lift 50lbs throughout the shift.
• Basic computer skills to enter data and or suggestions for improvements.
• Good written and oral communication skills in English.
knowledge of Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW) process