Job Summary: The Database Manager will maintain data storage; assess database design; and gather, organize, and interpret statistical information based on the data in the company database.
• Oversees database management and modification efforts including client data entry.
• Tracks applications for acceptance.
• Scrubs and processes applications ensuring accuracy of new business entries in database.
• Maintains current and accurate knowledge of data storage and management best practices.
• Ensures that databases are designed to meet specifications and requirements.
• Ensures that database projects are completed on time.
• Develops and maintains documentation and standards.
• Gathers, organizes, and interprets statistical data from the database to provide reports to, and answer questions from, insurance agents.
• Maintains office files; implements an efficient system for other staff to access files and records.
• Reconciliation of commission statements and Books of Business with database.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and/or related software.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Understanding of computer languages used within database.
• Understanding of database design and construction.
• Proficient in faxing confidential client and office documentation.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Statistics, Mathematics, Accounting, or Computer Science or equivalent work experience required.
• At least one year in Data Processing, with experience in managing database systems; OR two years as a development programmer/analyst using database techniques under IMS/DB-DL/1 required.
• Experience with Salesforce Customer Relations Management (CRM) System is preferred.