Radiation/Nuclear Detector Manufacturer in Meriden seeking an EXPERIENCED Quality Assurance Engineer!
Leader in radiation safety, measurement and science is seeking candidate to collect, organize, monitor and distribute information related to the functions of the quality program
*Veterans encouraged to apply*
Apply today for immediate consideration!
Schedule: 1st shift 7am-3:30pm
Pay: $25/hr+ DOE
Temp to Hire!
Quality Engineer Duties:
- Monitor processes for compliance to company quality assurance requirements
- Assist in writing procedures and work instructions to meet QA policies
- Work with company departments and personnel to facilitate QA requirements
- Generate reports using computer skills and distribute to various users in the organization, customers, or suppliers
- Identify areas for improvement.
- Identify areas requiring corrective action. Recommend actions that should be taken to prevent further non conformance
- Generate documents for specified contractual or special quality requirements.
- Evaluate/research the latest standards and requirements related to the company’s products or services
- Perform internal audits of company departments for compliance to departmental procedures
- Perform external audits, source inspections and first article inspections of suppliers or potential suppliers
- Review Contracts for Quality information and Specifications
- Create and review C of C’s
- Review C of C’s from Vendors
- Assist as needed for Vendor Audits
- Manage the site equipment calibration program
- Assist in performing root cause analysis and/or assist inspection activities as necessary.
- Accept or reject incoming materials requiring mechanical inspection, using receiving paperwork, Purchase Orders and SAP
- Interface with Purchasing, Accounting, and vendors on problems.
- Input of inspection information into computer database.
- Initiate and track supplier corrective action.
QUALITY ENGINEER REQUIREMENTS:
- Expertise of Quality Assurance standards and processes.
- Expertise in compliance to ISO 9002:2015 Standard.
- Self motivated.
- Possess ability to perform root-cause analysis and/or problem solving using a structured approach.
- Able to carry out assignment with minimal guidance or supervision.
- Computer skills.
- Lotus Notes / SAP database use skills.
- High energy.
- Quick learner.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail, and compliance with procedures.
- Quality oriented.
- Good task prioritization.
- Team player.
- Understanding of compliance to AMSE NQA-1; 10 CFR Appendix B.
- Lean Six Sigma Training.
- Setup and layout prep for mechanical inspections.
- Calibration techniques for mechanical gages and tools.
- Basic math skills.
- Meticulous and attentive to details.
- Computer knowledge, data input.
- Able to follow directions and then work independently.
- Hazardous goods training.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- 4 year undergraduate degree.
- 5 years demonstrated experience in a QA environment or 4 year undergraduate degree with 2 year QA experience.
- Lead auditor (ISO 9001) training