Do you have experience working with motors, coils, or assembly? This job is for you!
Industrial technology company that provides high-efficiency electrical rotating equipment solutions to Industrial, Oil & Gas and Military customers worldwide is looking for a coil winder in the Thomaston area!
Hours: 8am-5:00pm (hours vary)
Pay $16-18/hr based on experience
Temp to permanent
- Review traveler for connection diagram, type of winding, span, inserts and coil grouping.
- Tie both ends and attach leads by soldering with solder pot and ladles, hand soldering iron, or, for smaller gauge wires, brazing. Input wires are then labeled, and stator is sent to test.
- Rotors and armatures follow similar procedures, but slots are on outside. Coil wires on armatures must go to the commutator in proper sequence.
- On heavy duty motors, these wires are welded to the commutator using TIG.
- On large wound rotors, support rings attached to core support ends of coils.
- On very large stator/frame assemblies, large rings are temporarily installed and rest in a roller assembly which allows the unit to be rotated for coil insertion.
- For very large rotors, a temporary arbor is supported on each end and that allows the unit to be rotated for coil insertion.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Winding Team Leader.
Submit your resume today for immediate consideration!
- Previous experience with assembly, motors, coils
- 2-3 years previous experience in manufacturing environment
- Experience reading and interpreting blueprint diagrams
- Lifting up to 50 lbs
- Ability to stand for up to 8 hours
- Ability to adhere to company screening policies
***Westaff offers continuing education and health insurance***
Veterans encouraged to apply!!!