Westaff is hiring for a Metrologist
We are currently hiring for a Metrologist for a well know pharmaceutical company located in the Bridgeton area.
This is a first shift position with pay based on experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide diagnostics, repairs, modifications, calibration and PM of laboratory instrumentation.
- As necessary, prepare reagent mixtures, standard solutions, volumetric solutions, test solutions and indicators including NIST traceable standards, used in the calibration of analytical instrumentation.
- Assist with identification, purchase and organization of spare parts, replacement parts or replacement instruments for calibrated instrumentation within QC.
- Update and maintain the calibration management system and hard copy files with up-to-date information of existing and new equipment and facilities.
- Manage outside calibration services and ensure compliance of these vendors with Company procedures and policies. Where economical and feasible, minimize vendors utilizing in-house personnel.
- Assist with calibrations of QC equipment such as temperature/humidity monitoring probes, refrigerators, incubators, and stability chambers.
- Maintain a close and cooperative working relationship with members of Quality Control, Quality Assurance and Validation staff and communicate relevant information to appropriate personnel in a timely manner.
- Mentor others regarding the operation of equipment and the performance of certain methods or analytical techniques.
- Assist in developing SOPs for the calibration/PM of a variety of components, analytical equipment, and instrumentation for Quality Control.
- Knowledge and proficiency in a variety of the following: USP dissolution equipment, Gas chromatography (GC), high pressure liquid chromatography (HPLC), atomic absorption (AA), infrared spectrophotometer (IR), ultraviolet/visible spectrophotometer (UV/VIS), pH meter, flurometer, melting point apparatus, viscometers, muffle furnace, polarimeter, vacuum oven, distillations, titrations, centrifuge, sonicator, conductivity meter.
- Knowledge of FDA regulated biotechnology or drug validation requirements including knowledge of FDA 21 CFR Parts 210 and 211.
- Knowledge of USP and other compendial methods.
- Proficient using a LIMS system.
- Bachelor's degree in chemistry, pharmacy, engineering or related science; or the equivalent in pertinent, progressive related pharmaceutical industry work experience with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Five years pertinent, progressive experience in the pharmaceutical or other highly regulated industry with two years' proven experience in calibration and/or validation, with particular knowledge of 21 CFR Part 210 and 211.
Qualified candidates apply now!