Location: Leominster, MA
Schedule: 1st shift | Monday-Thursday, 7AM – 3:30PM & Friday, 7AM – 12PM (OT as needed)
Pay rate: $20/hr to start, based on experience.
SUMMARY: Working from print or verbal instruction will be responsible for mold maintenance, modification, fixture building and repair.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Mold maintenance – maintain and repair existing molds.
- Build fixtures and fabricate molds for the purpose of casting nests.
- Responsible for optical lapping and polishing of spheres, flats and cylindrical cavities and cores.
- Review priorities with Machine Shop Lead Person or Manager
- Maintain efficiency and cleanliness in the work area.
- Stay abreast of current or pending mold or equipment changes, repairs and new construction.
- Advises and reviews with manager all areas of concern relating to Machine Shop issues on a regular basis.
- Submit a weekly log of jobs during past week’s activities, due at 8 a.m. each Monday and issued to Machine Shop Lead or Dept. Manager.
- High school or vocational/trade school diploma or technical certification, excellent mechanical and creative ability.
- Good working knowledge of drilling, milling, turning, and grinding.
- Experience on Bridgeport and ProtoTrax machines desired.
- Good communication and people skills and be a team player.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English and be able to do basic math equations.
- Must be detail-oriented, have the ability to perform physical labor, have a satisfactory work history, maintain a good attendance record, and work well with co-workers.