This individual is required to operate a boarding machine safely while processing socks as efficiently as possible.
Summary of Job Functions
- Operate the boarding machine while adhering to all Company and Finishing Department
safety and boarding quality procedures.
- Check and complete production tickets for accuracy.
- Complete all work as assigned.
- Communicate any machine or sock issues to Team Leader and/or Shift Supervisor as necessary.
- Complete any machine changeovers (forms, grabber pads, grabber pins, etc.) in an effort to minimize machine downtime.
- A Boarding Operator is a key member of our staff in preparing our product for final inspection and packaging, therefore attitude, attendance, reliability, and flexibility are essential aspects of a Boarding Operator’s responsibilities.
- Learning how to position, pull, and board, a variety of sock styles in a short period of time.
- Must be capable of maintaining production output and boarding quality levels at all times.
- Must be capable of completing priority work as and when necessary.
- Using the correct forms for the sock style being boarded and changing the forms on the machine when necessary.
- Maintaining accurate sock count and production records (e.g. output and downtime).
- Collaborating with co-workers in an effort to achieve production targets and output quantities.
- Being flexible, cooperative, and adaptable should work flows fluctuate on occasion.
- Be willing to cross-train in other tasks within the Mill.
- Communicating clearly with co-workers, Team Leaders, Shift Supervisor, and Inspectors, in order to resolve production problems on a daily basis.