Looking for a position in the nutrition industry that will thrill and challenge you? Enjoy being a hands-on supervisor and motivator of others? Westaff is currently hiring a 1st shift laboratory manager for a nutrition product production facility that could be an incredible place for you to take the next steps in your career track! This position begins compensation between $75-80k.
Laboratory Manager job requirements include:
- Managing the quality control testing laboratory responsible for physical, chemical, and microbial testing of incoming raw materials, in-process samples, finished products, and stability samples.
- Overseeing the stability program with the Stability Coordinator.
- Tracking all product testing in a timely fashion. Investigate all results to ensure accuracy and be able to troubleshoot if necessary. Analyze result trends and apply the appropriate actions, making the appropriate decisions on product status.
- Researching and implementing optimal testing procedures and developing internal measurements for the laboratory. Introduce new equipment and techniques to the laboratory. Coordinate with other departments to ensure quality, regulation, and any necessary changes to any laboratory equipment or procedures.
- Reviewing, maintaining, and keeping up to date and accurate all applicable lab-related documents and records.
- Servicing and supervising supply orders and monitoring all laboratory spending.
- Hiring and on-boarding new laboratory staff. Conduct performance reviews as required.
- Representing the laboratory in audits, tours, and meetings as required.
- Developing a commercialization road map for the laboratory.
- Leading efforts to achieve accreditation for ISO 17025:2017/