Westaff has a GREAT opportunity for a Medicare/Medicaid Collections Manager in Lafayette, LA.
This Management position is responsible for designing, implementing and enforcing policies and procedures, as well as streamlining effective Collections/Payment Posting processes. The position requires directing, leading, and coordinating the overall functions for 15 plus people in the Medical Collections/Payment Posting department. Requires strong critical thinking and the ability to produce & present detailed reports on Collection/Payment Posting activity.
- 8 years Medical Insurance/Healthcare Billing and Collections experience in a medical practice or health system, with a deep understanding of medical collections and insurance verification rules & regulations.
- 4 years supervisory or management experience.
- Thorough understanding of medical billing, collections and payment posting, revenue cycle, third party payers, Medicare and Medicaid.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Supervises Collections/Payment Posting office personnel, which includes work allocation, training, and problem resolution; evaluates performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions; motivates employees to achieve peak productivity and performance.
- Provides, oversees, and/or coordinates the provision of training for new and existing Collections/Payment Posting staff on applicable operating policies, protocols, systems and procedures, standards, and techniques.
- Analyzes trends impacting coding, collection, and accounts receivable and delegates out manageable work list to Collections/Payment Posting staff.
- Serves as the practice expert for Collections and Payment Posting on all processes.
- Oversees the operations of the Collections/Payment Posting department, including claim submissions, payment posting, accounts receivable follow-up, and reimbursement management.
- Audits current procedures to monitor and improve efficiency of Collections/Payment Posting operations.
- Ensures that the activities of the Collections/Payment Posting operations are conducted in a manner that is consistent with overall department protocol, and in compliance with Federal, State, and payer regulations, guidelines, and requirements.
- Holds bi-weekly staff meetings for Collections/Payment Posting to ensure proper Team building and protocol.
EMAIL YOUR RESUME TO BRITTNEY.TOUCHEQUE@WESTAFF.COM to discuss this position TODAY!
Evening and weekend work may be required.