Summary: The Tool Room Technician will perform mechanical tasks on injection molds and components. Including but not limited to: dis-assembly/assembly, mold cleaning, cavitation recovery, mold component measurement, in press changeovers, and performing preventative maintenance on the tool base.
Essential Functions & Key Responsibilities:
• Dis-assembly of hot and cold runner injection molds in a safe and effective manner.
• Polishing of mold components.
• Cleaning of mold components.
• Crane operation for moving and performing maintenance in-press.
• Inspection of injection molding components.
• Measurement of critical dimensions to .0001”
• Exhibit excellent safety awareness and follow all safety policies and procedures.
• Team player capable of effectively communicating in technical terms.
• Exhibit excellent attendance and ethics.
• The individual must be able to work with hand and power tools.
• Relocate component inventory.
• General cleaning of department / work area.
• Delivery of injection molds to various locations throughout the production facilities.
• Assisting others when needed.
• To ensure tools are stored in an organized and safe manner.
• High School diploma or equivalent with special training in the tolling area
• Must have 5 years and a thorough knowledge of machining tools with special emphasis tooling large parts
• Manufacturing knowledge and machine shop equipment, preferably in the molding industry
• Strong mechanical aptitude. Basic math skills. Familiar with various precision measuring equipment such as calipers, micrometers, depth and height gages.