Westaff in Saint Louis is Hiring for a Maintenance Mechanic for a well know Manufacturer
This is a first shift position with potential for hire. Pay starting between $23-24 per hour based on experience.
- Observe, test, and assess the operation of machines to detect the causes of malfunction.
- Tear down and reassemble machines and machine components.
- Communicate with operators and supervisors about machinery and maintenance issues.
- Read and follow blueprints, sketches, diagrams, lubrication charts, operation manuals, and engineering specifications.
- Examine equipment component parts for indication of defects, such as breakage or excessive wear.
- Repair, replace, adjust, and align machinery and equipment components, using basic power and hand tools, specialized tools, welding torches, lifts and hoists.
- Clean and lubricate machine components.
- Fill out and retain repair and maintenance logs using maintenance software program.
- Prepare mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
- Specify and requisition for order of replacement parts or fabricate parts by using shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Working knowledge of motors and drives
- Maintain equipment, parts and supplies by placing and expediting orders and verifying receipt.
- Test machines after repair to ensure proper operation of the machine or equipment.
Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Minimum three years’ experience in industrial maintenance, electrical, plumbing or related field.
- Experience with hydraulic, pneumatic and electronically controlled equipment.
- Strong working knowledge of 480v electrical circuitry and can interpret schematics and use basic electronic test equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot production equipment in order to recognize and identify potential problems with equipment.
- Lock Out/Tag Out, hazardous materials and safety
- May set up and operate lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
- Ability to weld MIG, TIG and stick
- Must be computer literate and have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office and preventive maintenance software programs
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience in repairing Mazak, Fadal, Brown and Sharpe lathes and mills
- Experience with automated brazing and welding equipment
- Manufacturing using Lean methodology
Qualified Candidates Apply now