Controller Needed in Pineville, LA
• Manages the Month-end closing process.
• Ensures that proper financial and operational controls are in place and performs monthly monitoring on the effectiveness of these controls.
• Prepares reports which summarize and forecast the company's business activities and financial position in areas of income, expense, and earnings based on past, present, and expected operations.
• Directs preparation of budgets, reviews budget proposals, and prepares necessary supporting documentation and justification.
• Develops/Monitors/Maintains product costing standards for production facilities.
• Monitors cost and product costing to optimize use resources at the plant level.
• Provides management with timely reviews of organization's financial status and progress in its various programs and activities.
• Establishes or recommends to management major corporate economic strategies, objectives, and polices for the company.
• Recommends modifications to existing corporate programs.
• Directs determination of depreciation rates to apply to capital assets.
• Advises management on desirable operational adjustments due to tax code revisions.
• Point of contact for internal/external auditors.
• Prepares reports required by regulatory agencies.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
15% to 20% travel is required.
Candidates who hold a CPA title and have interest and experience in costing and auditing are strongly encouraged to apply.
• Education: Four-year college or university program certificate in Accounting; or four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. MBA preferred.
• Experience: Minimum ten years accounting/financial background; minimum seven years manufacturing experience; tax experience; minimum five years financial modeling experience; acquisition experience a plus.
• License/Certification: CPA or MBA preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Microsoft Suite, including Excel, Word, and Outlook
• Ability to solve practical problems
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry
• Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
• Annual bonus program
• Comprehensive benefits plans including
o 3 different medical plans to choose from
o Company paid dental and vision coverage
o Company paid life insurance policy
o Company paid accidental death and dismemberment policy
o Company paid long term disability benefits
o 401k plan with a company match of 150% on the first 4% deferred
o Robust employee assistance program
o Opportunity to purchase Stella-Jones stock through payroll deduction
• 9 paid holidays each year
• 2 weeks paid vacation the first year
• Paid sick hours and personal hours