A growing aerospace company is looking for a qualified tool maker to join their team!
Apply now for immediate consideration!
1st shift 7am-3:30pm
$20 + per hour
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Individual shall be responsible for operating and overseeing the daily activities of the tooling department. The position provides support to the Operations Manager in the areas of tool fabrication and sustainability, quality of work, efficiency improvement, and housekeeping. Specific attention to maintaining lean concepts is a requirement.
- Aid in identifying and coordinating the development of tool fabrication working with various departments.
- Apply mistake proof and quick set up concepts to tool designs.
- Fabricate metallic and composite tools and fixtures as required by tool order designs.
- Refurbish existing tools back to requirements as needed.
- Immediately notify Supervisor of any expected delays, bottlenecks lack of material or any other problem that may jeopardize the production schedule.
- Housekeeping, Safety and Hazardous Waste: Ensure company policies are enforced.
- Participate with the management team in the Continuous Process Improvement effort.
- Be willing to play an active role in helping out with any other tasks that may arise during the normal course of business.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15 is required
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Blueprints, welding, machine operator and GD&T experience.