TOOL & GAUGE INSPECTOR
Inspection and measurement of parts to validate new molds, tooling and stamping dies for conformance.
- measure angular dimensions, radii, contours, clearances
- Record measurement results.
- Inspect, adjust, and verifie accuracy of gauges and measuring instruments for conformance to specifications.
- Ability to read and write simple instructions and short correspondence.
- Recommend changes or modifications
- Calibrate gauges and documents results
- Uses microscope to inspect parts
- Perform first piece production run
- Writes reports regarding inspection and testing results
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Other Skills and Abilities
- Use measuring instruments such as microscopes, micrometers, verniers, dial indicators, pin gauges, and gauge blocks
- Understand computer applications (including Excel, Word and Outlook) and familiarity with scanning and distributing reports.
- must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Use PPE and adhere to all safety procedures.