Westaff is looking for a Forklift operator to sit in Farmington, CT!
MUST HAVE FORKLIFT EXPERIENCE
- Dock employees transfer freight from dock to trailers and from trailer to trailer primarily via forklift and pallet jack. Applicants must be able to certify on forklift operation and be willing to move freight manually as well. Other duties required for this position include:
- being willing and able to certify to operate forklifts,
- perform pre and post-trip of forklifts and other dock equipment,
- the ability to operate forklifts for extended periods of time,
- paperwork completion for all shipments,
- following all safety rules and regulations of the company and the DOT,
- working with other dock employees cooperatively to complete tasks,
- properly assess freight for loading, and maintain proper housekeeping in dock area. Applicants must be able to sit for extended periods of time while operating a forklift while wearing a seat belt and be able to climb in and out of a forklift numerous times each day.
- They must be able to reach, grasp, pull, push, lift and lower with both arms and legs.
- They must be able to lift/lower 70+ lbs. and push/pull loaded pallets or freight weighing in excess of 50 lbs. with a pallet jack or hand truck. They must be able to see labels; placards and other markings from a short distance understand them. They must also know to load or be willing to learn how to load hazardous materials.
Must have 2 years Forklift Experience.