Machine Setup Technician
The Machine Operator/Setup receives daily direction from the Production Manager. The Machine Operator/Setup is responsible for working in an assigned group to meet the daily production requirements of that group.
- 1. The primary duties of the Machine Operator/ Setup are to calibrate and set up a variety of production machines throughout the facility. This will require using various hand tools, measuring equipment and machine tools to prepare equipment for production runs. He or she will also be assigned a variety of machining and general labor tasks in various areas in the manufacturing facility.
- 2. Make difficult set-ups consisting of indicating, leveling, clamping, and blocking. Determine pick-up points, set stops, and controls, and check tooling. Solve complex daily technical problems with little assistance.
- 3. Contribute to the efforts of the team in the assigned group to meet the daily goals in Safety, Quality, Delivery, Inventory and Productivity.
- 4. Contribute to efforts to maintain zero lost time accidents, both in the area and throughout the plant.
- 5. Drive and support efforts to maintain good housekeeping practices in both the assigned group and throughout the facility.
- 6. Other duties as assigned by management. Experience and Requirements: • Must be able to read, evaluate and respond to product specifications, blueprints and drawings, and perform normal math calculations easily. • Must be familiar and comfortable with industrial machinery. • Must have strong general mechanical skills. • Familiar with the use of micrometers, snap gauges or other tools for dimensional evaluation. • Knowledge in the following areas: assembly, machining, ability to read and understand drawings, quality control and safety.
- 7. NEED set up experience on manual machines. Looking for a solid candidate to fill this role • Need blue prints and micrometers
- Payrate: Pay $16+
- Shift: 1st shift 6:30-3pm