We're looking for a temporary inspector in Middlebury for first shift!
Hours: 7:30am - 4pm
Description: The Inspector performs inspection and testing duties to ensure that shipped product fulfills all customer specifications and quality requirements.
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs Incoming Quality Control for components of connectors, using statistical sampling techniques and following written procedures (drawings, bill of materials, process instructions, and visual aids)
- For finished goods, examines the products for conformance to specifications, rejects or accepts the entire lot based on the findings of the inspection
- Takes corrective actions and notifies the supervisor when there are non-confirming products
- Participates in quality improvement activities
- Manages the discrepant material locations
- Performs first articles on incoming components
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to performs each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listen below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- The ability to read and write English
- Previous experience using test equipment such as meters and microscopes
- Must be able to distinguish color differentiation
- Hand-eye coordination required
- Over-time required as necessary
- Ability to read drawings and inspect dimensions using a variety of measurement equipment