New opening for an HR Generalist (Must be Bilingual- Spanish/English)
Location: Enfield, CT
Full time, Permanent position
50k-60k / year , doe!
- Conduct recruitment efforts, applicant screening and interviewing for all staffing needs, including placement assignments of temporary workers from staffing agencies.
- Handle all new employee paperwork and onboarding in accordance with company policy and employment law.
- Conduct new employee orientations, including safety orientations with management and communicating benefit program information.
- Maintain employee records and correspond with Corporate HR/Payroll to ensure data is updated timely and accurately.
- Organize attendance records for all employees and track attendance occurrences according to company policy and designation of any applicable leave benefits/laws.
- Maintain employee attendance records in timekeeping system, including daily edits (corrections), usage of PTO accruals, and weekly reports sent to Corporate for payroll processing.
- Handle benefit administration: determine eligibility, submit enrollments/changes, and maintain files with all benefit plans including medical, dental, vision, retirement/401k, disability, life.
- Track and maintain safety incident/injury reports and logs, and assist management with safety investigations.
- Process worker’s compensation claims and case management with coordination with Corporate HR, Safety Director, and insurance carriers.
- Track, maintain, and deliver safety training as needed and coordinate safety programs to foster a safety culture.
- Provide strategic and tactical HR support to employees and management and deliver programs to meet organization needs.
- Assist management with employee relations functions, performance development/improvement programs, and compensation plans.
- Advise and counsel management team on a variety of topics to optimize employee engagement, team development, and organizational effectiveness.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations, including employment postings, FMLA, ADA, wage and hour laws.
- Implement company handbook policies and provide education and coaching to employees and management as needed.
- Member of and facilitation of employee committees, such as safety, charitable giving, etc.
- Implement other company initiatives such as wellness activities, events, luncheons, etc.