Westaff is currently seeking a lay up operator for a company located in Berlin, CT.
1st Shift and 2nd shift available
7:00am- 3:30pm, 3:30pm- 12:30pm
- Apply adhesive to metal details and assemble in bond tool.
- Clean and prep bond tools as needed.
- Assemble parts by overlapping a series of plies according to sketches and laser equipment and or work orders.
- Must be capable of understanding the bonding concept
- Visually inspect products
- Vacuum bag parts and leak test bags prior to transporting parts to next operation.
- Attention to details
- Unbag and demold parts as needed and clean area after doing so.
- Visually check own work prior to submitting to inspection.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area
- Responsible for the accurate recording of paperwork and labor entries associated with the position.
Lay Up Operator Skills
- Ability to read, comprehend, and write
- Ability to present information effectively
- Ability to solve practical problems
- Knowledge of Epicor software preferred.
Lay Up Operator Requirements
- High school diploma or GED (or one to three months related experience and/or training)
- Working knowledge of Aerospace specifications and standards
- Able to stand and walk for most of the shift.
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds frequently.
- Vision abilities required are close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Meets attendance/punctuality requirements.
Westaff offers insurance benefits to all associates as well as online classes, free to anyone actively accruing hours on Westaff's payroll!