This is a direct hire position with a large granite distribution company in Barre, VT.
The Estimator is responsible for the timely completion of takeoffs, based on contractor, customer or municipality furnished plan sets, by performing the following duties listed below. Responsible to analyze blueprints, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare time, cost, and labor estimates for products, projects, or services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Estimates and quotes new projects as required
- Reviews data to determine material and labor requirements and prepare itemized lists as required by provided plan sets
- Determines if supplied materials meet local/state/federal specifications if required
- Computes cost factors and prepares estimates, prepares bids; and determines cost effectiveness
- Consults with Plant Manager, clients, vendors, or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues
- Draft shop drawings for client approval
- Draft projects upon approval of quote
- Uses a centralized cost estimating database and a formal process to support cost estimating to ensure historical data is utilized
- Analyzes completed projects to compare estimated costs to actual costs and determine the reason for any discrepancies
- Provides improvement recommendations to cost estimating procedures to reduce future discrepancies between estimated and actual costs