Westaff is immediately hiring a set up operator or technician for our medical and metals manufacturer's auto-press department. This company offers paid vacation, personal time off, paid holidays, benefits and 401 upon hire.
First shift hours: 7am-3:30pm Monday through Friday with overtime (occasionally mandatory)
- Daily set ups of production jobs in mechanical presses ranging from 30 to 400 tons
- Maintenance and troubleshooting of complex progressive and compound metal stamping dies
- Operation of mechanical presses ranging from 30 to 400 tons
- Execute excellent communication to supervisor and team
- Be able to lift moderate loads regularly (under 40 lbs.)
Hiring immediately, please call or email today!
Set Up Operator Requirements
- Set Up Operators or technicians should have 3+ years’ experience and excellent mechanical troubleshooting skills
- The ability to follow complex set-up procedures
- Must have a working knowledge of metal stamping, material de-coilers and stock straighteners
- Experience operating mechanical presses and other machine shop equipment
- Knowledge of comparators, dial indicators, vision equipment, micrometers, calipers and basic hand tools
- Knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics electronics and sensors are a plus.