Job Opening: CDL Driver Apprentice
CDL Driver Apprentice
CDL Driver Apprentice
Salary: $18-$20/hour, DOE
Schedule: Day Shift | 5am-3pm with potential flexibility
Location: Williston, VT
The CDL Driver Apprentice will obtain a Commercial Driving Permit and complete the required CDL instruction and training to safely operate a commercial motor vehicle providing service to customers in their respective Line of Business (LOB) while working alongside a knowledgeable Driver and/or Driver Trainer. The incumbent will continue in the apprentice role until all training requirements are completed and (s)he has passed the CDL licensing exam and road test.
• Performs pre/post trip inspections of assigned vehicle in accordance with client safety standards as well as state and federal regulations; ensures all safety equipment and devices are operational and secured properly in vehicle; maintains appearance of truck in accordance with company standards.
• Performs and exhibits dedication to safe operation of roll rear load, front load, side load, roll off trucks on streets, highways, customer sites, and construction sites.
• Provides a distinguishably different level of service through courteous interactions with all customers and provides service in a timely manner; exhibits a positive attitude towards company, customer, and municipal goals.
• Follows route assignments and completes end of day documentation; completes all assigned company and federally mandated paperwork accurately.
• Completes assigned route sheet for one Line of Business; empties all receptacles, places bins serviced at any location back where they were picked up in the upright position and cleans area around accidental waste spills.
• Attends and participates in all scheduled training programs and meetings as required by the client.
• Notifies Dispatch immediately of any customer requests, service interruptions, incidents, accidents, property damage, or unsafe situations.
• Exhibits an ability to be observant and aware of surroundings at all times and is mindful of any and all laborers on the truck and demonstrates an ability to use problem solving skills.
• Assists driver with all backing maneuvers while on route.
• Participates in training and other learning opportunities to expand knowledge of the company, products, sales, and services and performs any other duties needed to help drive our vision, fulfill our mission, and/or abide by our core values.
APPLY NOW FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION FOR THE CDL DRIVER APPRENTICE POSITION!
Military Personnel and Veterans are encouraged to apply.
• Legally eligible to work in the US
• Current state issued standard CDL driver’s permit, Class B permit with air brake endorsement, or the ability to obtain one within 6 months
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Physical ability to handle objects more than 77 lbs. frequently
• Ability and willingness to work under many different weather conditions