Job Opening: Groundskeeper
Westaff is seeking a Groundskeeper for a state department in Bozeman, MT!!!
Schedule: Monday-Wednesday-Friday, 8am-5pm
Term: 5/2023 – 11/2023
- Minor routine maintenance to facilities by preparing surfaces for painting or staining, changing light bulbs, cleaning gutters and down spouts. This work involves the use of hand tools, wood scrapers, wire brushes, sanders, paintbrushes; primers, paint and cleanup chemicals; and step ladders.
- Employee will assist others in maintaining FWP grounds with maintenance of fire rings and campsites and by mowing, weed cutting, hand-pulling weeds, irrigation, raking, shoveling, fertilizing, planting, and pruning to provide the site with safe and appropriate vegetation. This work includes the use of rakes, shovels, pruners, lawn mowers, weed trimmers and leaf blowers.
- Assists the public by answering questions; providing area and agency information. This work involves the use of employee training manuals, maps and other printed materials in communicating information to the public.
- Follows established procedures and contacts the proper authorities when encountering emergency or law enforcement situations. Collects information and evidence of violations or accidents occurring at the FWP site and documents using standard report forms, establishes communication with local 911/EMS, law enforcement officials, wardens and supervisors.
- Employee will keep detailed records on assigned duties, equipment and supply needs, time worked, and submit to work unit office in a timely manner.
- Participates in annual and scheduled training including Standard First Aid and CPR, and safety meetings. Ensure proper use of personal protective equipment on all job duties.
- May collect fees and occasionally educate visitors where applicable.
- Always conscientious of equipment use and demonstrates good leadership to other staff by paying extra attention to visitor use areas and cultural and environmental resources while performing job duties.
- Cleaning and sanitizing restroom and latrine facilities, picnic tables, barbeque grills, and replacing paper products in restroom facilities. Cleaning other FWP facilities including sidewalks, boat/swimming docks, picnic shelters, storage structures, bulletin boards, interpretive displays and other signs. Work involves use of manual cleaning equipment, chemical cleaners, sanitizing agents, stepladders and leaf blowers.
- Daily inspection and reporting of hazards, maintenance or repair needs.
- Minor repairs or responses to facility problems by unclogging drains and toilets, installing toilet seats and closing/locking facilities and redirecting public use.
- Collecting trash from facilities, area garbage cans, beaches, grounds, trail areas and adjacent highway right-of-ways. Placing collected trash in transfer bins for shipment off-site.
- Incumbent should have the knowledge and skills to work with various types of hand tools and equipment.
- Must have the interest and ability to work with the general public.
- Ability to safely follow all traffic and state laws and ability to tow trailer with proper towing and safety protocols.
- Participates in and if qualified, provides training in Personal Protective Equipment(PPE).
- Should have a good grasp of the general information about each FWP site and surrounding area that the incumbent will be responsible for and the ability to communicate this to the public.
- Must be able to carry out assigned tasks with little supervision.
- Must behave ethically and appropriately when serving visitors.
Physical and Environmental Demands:
Physical demands include frequent exertion, often for extended periods, including lifting, carrying, digging and pounding. This position frequently requires field work under adverse weather and environmental conditions that may include:
- Temperature extremes, snow and rain, dust and mosquito infested areas.
- On or near wastewater and sewage disposal systems with potential for contact with disease, virus and bacteria.
- Areasfrequentedbyrodentswiththepotentialforcontactwithdiseasesuchas Hantavirus.
- Working weekends and some holidays and occasional time away during evenings, overnight or away from permanent workstation.
Apply now for IMMEDIATE consideration for our Groundskeeper position in Bozeman!
Military & Veterans encouraged to apply