Job Opening: Accountant III
Accountant III (Expired)
Westaff is seeking an Accountant for a prominent resort in Whitefish, MT!!!
Schedule: Full Time, Year Round
Term: Permanent opportunity!
Pay: $24/hr with room to grow
The Accounting Department at the Resort is responsible for wide range of matters related to financial reporting, transaction processing, system maintenance, support of functional operations, and custodial activities related to document archives and other related matters. The Accounting Department is located in administrative offices of the Resort on the 2nd floor of the Hibernation House.
- Reports to: Controller
- Employees Supervised: assist with seasonal staff
- Interrelationships: Maintains cooperative working relationships with staff and management contacted during performance of job duties. Works closely with all WSI department Managers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and 3 years related accounting experience required (additional related accounting experience may be considered in lieu of degree).
- Strong analytical skill and attention to detail required.
- Knowledge of General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Cash Receipts required.
- Ability to multi-task and change priorities when required.
- Knowledge of payroll processing, preferred.
- Ability to work under pressure, in a busy stressful environment with frequent interruptions and work independently with little or no supervision.
- Strong MS Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, QuickBooks and Great Plains Accounting software) preferred.
- Knowledge of Resort Point of Sale Systems (e.g. RTP), Streamline Property Management System, and ADP preferred.
- Knowledge of property management laws and reporting requirements preferred.
- Must possess excellent communication and problem solving skills while maintaining confidentiality.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks to complete them within the required time frame.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts as assigned.
- Facilitates creation/updating of policies and procedures.
- Maintain books and accounting records, monitoring budget variances, producing monthly/quarterly/yearly financial statements. (e.g. resort operations, property management, HOAs, liquor licenses, or utility company)
- Develop analytical reports for Controller and CFO related to profit center operations.
- Create and post monthly recurring journal entries. Insure all other recurring entries are entered and posted timely. Run final journal entry posting report monthly and review for accuracy.
- Assists in training and supervising seasonal staff, along with training new managers/supervisors in regards to the portions that affect the accounting department.
- Backup for payroll person. Process bi-weekly payroll in the absence of the payroll person.
- Maintain cooperative-working relationships with those contacted during performance of job-related duties.
- Recognize and maintain the highest degree of confidentiality for employees and customers in accordance with company policy.
- Recognize the responsibilities of co-workers and offer assistance when necessary.
- Interacts calmly and tactfully with staff and customers and is consistently fair, impartial and objective with both.
- Perform job functions necessary to satisfy the questions and concerns of employees, customers and administrative staff.
- Abide by and support all company policies and procedures.
- Other miscellaneous job functions.
Don’t miss this amazing opportunity! APPLY TODAY for this permanent opportunity!
Military and Veterans encouraged to apply