Westaff is looking for a temporary Warehouse Operator at Cabot Creamery in Middlebury, Vt. Come join an amazing team!!
Shift: M-f (required to participate in weekend rotation)
Duration: 3-5 months
Warehouse Operator Job Responsibilities:
- Prepare, stage, load and unload trucks safely and accurately stack and unstack cases of product.
- Strong attention to detail and can multitask effectively.
- Able to properly document information legibly.
- Works in a safe manner following all required safety procedures.
- Keeps work area clean throughout the shift.
- Maintains excellent communication with co-workers and supervision.
- Responsible for performing all work-related tasks using GMPs by following the Food Safety and Food Quality (SQF) requirements of the SQF Program.
- Adheres to company rules, regulations and core values.
Military and Veterans encouraged to apply!
Warehouse Operator Job Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Schedule flexibility and willingness to work overtime required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain forklift certification
- Ability to read and write and possess mathematical and weight measurement skills.
- Must be able to work effectively in a multi-tasking detail-oriented environment with minimal supervision.
- Experience in a warehouse facility operating a forklift, preferred, but willing to train.
- Experience operating forklift attachments, such as a Slip Sheet Unit and Powerlift Jack, but willing to train.
- Some overtime required; participation in weekend and holiday rotation.
- Physical Demand: ( ) Light ( ) Moderate (X) Heavy
- Maximum pounds to be lifted: 55 lbs. sometimes at shoulder height or above.
- Requires sitting and driving a forklift for extended periods of time. There could also be times where standing for extended periods of time with frequent stooping, twisting, kneeling, walking and crouching is required.
- Exposure to cold temperatures and wet environment.