Westaff is looking for a Solderer in the Norwwod, MA area for immediate hire!
Payrate: $20-22/hour DOE
Shift: 6-2pm Mon-Fri
Work location: Norwood, MA
Perform a variety of assembly operations on electronic components and subassemblies on the product line. Work process procedures, written instructions, diagrams, and specifications. Primary work is conducted under a microscope for SMT devices, utilizing small hand tools, machinery or applicable materials, while soldering and reworking components and assembling to printed circuit boards utilizing a soldering iron.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Soldering capabilities of all component types, both thru hole and surface mount devices, heating soldering iron or work piece to specified temperature for soldering
• Remove & replace components on assemblies from molten solder not meeting workmanship standards
• Clean/polish work pieces and tip of soldering iron using chemical solution, file, or wire brush.
• Apply flux to work piece surfaces in preparation for soldering.
• Align and clamp work pieces together, using rule, square, or hand tools, or positions items in fixtures, jigs, or vise.
• Melt and apply solder to fill holes, indentations, and seams of fabricated metal products, using soldering equipment.
• Examine product to verify conformance to workmanship standards.
• Solder, wrap, and coat wires to ensure proper insulation.
• Clean and polish parts, using solvent and buffing brush.
• Support 5S.
• Perform all other duties, as assigned.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Spend time making repetitive motion.
• Wear common protective or safety equipment.
• Perform general physical activities.
• Monitor processes, materials, or surroundings.
• Manual dexterity.
• Use of MES system.
• Knowledge of IPC-A-610, J-STD-001 and IPC 7711/21 workmanship standards.
• Electronics component identification, IPC-DVD-64C.
2 years of soldering required
Apply now for consideration for our Solderer opening!