Westaff is hiring 1st shift Assemblers for a reputable company in East Granby CT
Pay - $17-18 doe
Longevity required (minimum of 2 years) of previous work experience preferred
As an assembler you will be responsible for fulfilling assembly and sub-assembly orders based on the business needs. You will do this by using hand tools and some battery-operated tools. The assembler will also be responsible for keeping a clean and orderly work area and working alongside other members of the team to complete certain tasks in a timely manner.
How To Make an Impact:
- Follow production orders including parts lists, prints, etc. to properly build pumps and sub-assemblies. Review work orders to ensure that work is performed according to specifications.
- Report issues with quality, processes, equipment, and materials to supervisor.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area to facilitate manufacturing functions.
- Perform related and other duties as required.
- Proven track record of punctuality and attendance.
- Basic understanding of basic tools; electrical and mechanical component understanding is a plus
Mental and Physical Requirements:
- Must be highly mobile, able to access all areas of the premises.
- Ability to concentrate and remain focused while handling multiple tasks, responsibilities, and projects.
- Must be able to perform bending, twisting, stooping, reaching, and lifting of moderate to heavy weight material up to 50 lbs. with assistance from equipment or other employees.
- Vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to keep his/her composure with the public and co-workers in everyday, stressful situations
- Weekly pay
- Free online skill building courses designed for manufacturing career advancement
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Retirement plans
- Permanent opportunity
Veterans and members of the military are encouraged to apply
Apply now for immediate attention!