Do you have a legal background? Are you looking for a career opportunity? Westaff is now hiring a Paralegal/Legal Assistant for a local law firm in Helena, MT!!
Schedule: Full Time M-F
Pay: $21-$25 DOE
- Proofread and edit all documents prepared by attorneys;
- Draft simple motions, proposed orders, discovery request/response documents; schedule, draft, and notice depositions, summonses, and subpoenas;
- Organize and maintain electronic case files;
- Calendar all deadlines;
- Process incoming and outgoing mail;
- Maintain ongoing dialog with attorneys about schedules, deadlines, and upcoming matters;
- Assist in case development by maintaining contact with all parties; requesting client information; corresponding and communicating with all counsel;
- Keep clients informed by maintaining contact and communicating case progress.
- Support trial proceedings, including jury instructions; exhibits; witness scheduling and follow-up; operate trial software and electronic exhibits as needed.
- Legal experience highly preferred
- Requires two years minimum experience as a legal assistant, DOE
- Administrative and office skills;
- Familiarity with state and federal rules of civil procedure and local court rules;
- Experience with civil litigation;
- Attention to detail;
- Knowledge of federal and state court e-filing;
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite;
- Strong organization and planning skills;
- Client confidentiality; and people skills.
Don't miss this career opportunity-We are hiring NOW !
Military and Veterans encouraged to apply!