Inspect Parts - SW Indy - 2nd Shift
- 10 hours OT/Week
- No Weekends
- Get hired perm
Hours: 3:30 p.m. - 2:00 a.m., Monday-Friday
Position Overview Performs visual and dimensional inspections on incoming and outgoing product to ensure customer requirements are met.
- Inspects product coming in from outside vender for compliance with purchase order requirements.
- Locates part print and verifies all dimensions are within tolerances.
- Initiates Conformance and Non-conformance documentation Inspects product for completion of work, verifies that part conforms dimensionally and visually to customer specifications.
- Verifies accuracy of part numbering, or applies marking to part per specification.
- Completes all necessary paperwork to properly record Inspection/Acceptance status of products.
- Records dimensional inspection results, if required, and documents any items required by customers in proper format.
- Uses a variety of hand tools including micrometers, calipers, go/no-go gauges, height gage on surface plate, thread gauges, indicators, and others.
- Two to Three years inspection experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret document such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to read & interpret complex drawings, specifications, and handbook formulas.
- Ability to accurately use a variety of precision measuring instruments and apply concepts of basic geometry.
- May use some basic trigonometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Demonstrate problem solving skills
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 pounds.