The Server provides full-scope, hands on serving functions in the community Culinary Services Department. Responsible in always providing superior level of quality service and cleanliness.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Responsible for adhering to food quality, appearance, and presentation standards always.
- Exhibit serving standards of speed, accuracy, and efficiency. Also Dinning room appearance and presentation standards always.
- Set tables and maintain workstations in proper order. Take order, provide service and requested items both graciously and courteously. Answer pertinent questions about menu items.
- Clear dishes from tables during and after meal service, assist with dish washing, and reset tables.
- Serve customers using proper serving etiquette and promote an inviting dining atmosphere.
- Knowledge of diets provided and served correctly per Policy and Procedure.
- Dining room organization and preparation hands-on responsibilities
- Knowledge in all areas of local Health Department, OSHA and other regulatory agencies relative to culinary services
- Strong inter-department communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to deal with problems involving few concrete variables in standardized situations
- Ability to multi-task, balance team & individual responsibilities, & respond promptly to resident & visitor needs
MUST BE ABLE TO:
- Lifts and carries up to 50 lbs. with assistance occasionally
- Climbs, reaches, bends and twists occasionally
- Reaches, bends and twists occasionally
- Talks and listens frequently
- Stands and walks frequently
- Handles food occasionally
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- Minimum completion of sophomore year in high school required
- Experience in food service work preferred
- Experience in working with seniors preferred