Westaff is hiring for a temporary Medical Coder!! Apply today to be considered for this great opportunity!
Term: 3+ months- could be permanent for the right fit!
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8am-4pm
Pay: $18.23 to 21.88 depending on experience
Job Overview: This position reviews and analyzes health records to identify relevant diagnoses and procedures for health services provided to patients at the Montana State Hospital. The purpose of this position is to apply the appropriate diagnostic and procedural codes to individual patient health information for data retrieval, analysis, and claims processing. This position reports to the Health Information Director and does not supervise.
- Knowledge of ICD-10, DSM-5, and CPT coding and classification systems.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy, physiology, and disease processes.
- Knowledge of HIPAA, state and federal regulations, health care standards, and hospital policy regarding Protected Health Information privacy and confidentiality practices.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Two years of job-related college or technical school in medical coding, health information technology, or closely related field.
- Two years of experience working in a healthcare setting with medical records, medical terminology, data entry, or a related field.
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) status.
- Other combinations of education and experience may be considered on a case by case basis.
Apply today to be considered for this Medical Coder opportunity!!