Are you looking to expand your knowledge, learn on the job and grow into a promising career?
Are you a self starter looking for a forward thinking company focused on continuous growth?
Locally owner Global company looking for Structural Fitter/Welder for shop in Westwego, LA to handle fabrication of stairs, platforms, handrails and guardrails.
- Operate Machines and Presses efficiently with minimal or no scrap, follow production schedules, shop orders and drawings per department Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Review and understand drawings, routings, material and work instructions prior to production preventing/reducing scrap
- Transact, issue, prepare and deliver completed product per department Standard Operating Procedures
- Complete all transactions efficiently and correctly
- Safely and efficiently move material and equipment with the use of overhead cranes or forklifts
- Recommend and complete Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for process improvements
- Complete 5S initiatives, keeping the department organized and cleaned daily
- Must be a self-managed with the ability to trouble shoot and resolve issues
- Work flexible or overtime hours to meet production schedules
- Safely and efficiency use overhead cranes and forklift to perform daily job functions
- Mechanically inclined with basic math skills
- Must be able to work under the stress of deadlines and meeting downstream customer dates
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills with attention to detail
- Must be computer literate with the use of Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Press operating experience
- CNC and manual saw operating experience
- Work experience in a manufacturing environment
- Overhead crane experience
- Forklift experience