Temp to Perm, North Haven, CT
Westaff has a Full Time temp to perm opening
Pay rate: $35-40k, depending on experience.
Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. with flexibility to work additional hours
Position reports to: Purchasing Director
Great, long standing company in North Haven is looking for someone to perform the following tasks for a Purchasing Assistant role:
- Perform administration functions in support of Purchasing Department staff
- Gather, monitor and prepare all paperwork for containers shipping from and arriving to company (includes import documents (if applicable), bill of lading, confirmations, arrival notices, etc.)
- Process all confirmations; gather and attach confirmations, confirming coding, pricing, case packs, vintages, case quantities, descriptions, etc.
- Confirm all paperwork for California containers
- Schedule daily pick-ups involving our own truck; contacts warehouses to confirm product availability, sets up appointments and pick-ups according to product availability and company need
- Process purchase order confirmations as received from suppliers; maintain ETA’s. Keep buyers apprised of issues
- Run daily excess-inventory report for monitoring by director and buyers
- Responsible for keeping purchase order files orderly and up-to-date; notifying buyers of any missing confirmations, late shipments, etc.
- Attend weekly conference calls on any order concerns/changes etc.
- Diver & JDE special project coordinator, upkeep of data integrity project (layer/pallet/weight, etc.)
- Update monthly freight log and provide reports as scheduled
- Monitor holiday purchase order lists (Seasonal)
- Perform daily receiving, pulling necessary paperwork in accordance with appointment schedule, verifying all orders are consolidated.
- Provide back-up as necessary
- Additional support duties as required