Experienced Purchasing Manager/Production Manager
THIS IS A DIRECT HIRE POSITION
Put Your Production Management Skills to Work!
Looking for a safe, respectful and friendly workplace? You’re one click away. That’s all that stands between you and this job opportunity! We are currently looking for an experienced, maintenance tech to work at a top facility in the area. Earn competitive weekly pay and benefits and be valued for the work you do!
Apply now and find out why manufacturing workers are 3x’s happier working for Westaff than the other guys.
“I would definitely recommend Westaff to anyone who needs a decent paying job.” Westaff Associate, Chante
We Require Our Customers to Offer:
• Safe and clean work environment
• Employee focused workplace
• Safety programs and training
The Purchasing and Production Manager will oversee and direct the activities of the purchasing department and plan, schedule, implement, and monitor production activities, ensuring contract requirements, product specifications, and deadlines are met
- Oversees the daily workflow and schedules of the department.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Builds an efficient team with cross-functional skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with proven negotiation skills
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate
- Understanding of business and management principles
- Thorough understanding of materials and supplies used in the company
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and/or related software
- Knowledge of lumber and plywood material types and industry language (highly desirable)
- Production planning in a manufacturing environment.
- Understanding of value stream management
- Familiar w/DAMAIC or similar process improvement model.
- Accounting for expenditures and allocating them to the appropriate departments
- Understands recurring demand of supply requirements and safety stocking to offset shortages
- Understanding of production planning to meet product delivery timelines
- Knowledge of desired production rates vs. available manpower
- Collaborates with other departments and leadership to identify and develop needs and requirements for equipment, materials, products, and acceptable substitutions
- Assesses current material availability; reasonably predicts future availability based on the market, delivery systems, and other variables
- Reviews contract specifications, drawings, sales orders, and other project documents to understand requirements
- Identifies, acquires, and ensures the availability of raw material (lumber/plywood), tools and equipment, chemicals/adhesives, packing/shipping supplies, and office supplies to support manufacturing processes
- Ensures forecasting and availability of packaging and shipping materials to support daily manufacturing cycle
- Prepares and presents market conditions and merchandise cost reports
- Prepares and processes purchase orders and requisitions for materials, supplies, and equipment
- Drafts, explains, and implements instructions, policies, and procedures for purchasing and contract management
- Evaluates specifications and conditions for issuing and recommending awards of bids
- Resolves grievances with vendors, contractors, and suppliers
- Prepares workforce projections and budget estimates based on a summary of labor hours and material costs for each job
- Maintains and/or implements purchasing and recordkeeping systems
- Acts as the company’s representative in negotiations with suppliers
- Manage all production scheduling, production
- Prepare daily production figures for production meeting
- Hold daily or weekly production meeting with production departments
- Oversee the production process ensuring production is cost effective
- Participate in production meetings to determine production requirements
- Reconcile and close production orders after all production
- Identify production performance gaps against production schedule
- Determine production schedule and short-term production rates
- Ensure that production planning issues due to material shortages are communicated
- Manage all pertinent production and production related process
- Monitor production goals and report metrics of actual production
- Monitor the daily production scheduling
- Ability to build strong teams through a future ready mindset
- Develops inventory accountability systems with analysis of on hand materials and net requirement predictions.
- Performs monthly reconciliation of company credit cards.
- Approves plant invoice expenditures within designated authority.
- Collaborates w/ Logistics team for shipment of goods foreign and domestic.
- Identifies replacement/substitute materials as market pricing and availability evolves.
Education and Employment Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required
- At least three years of experience in related field required
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer ( >50%)
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds at times
- Must be able to access all areas of the facility to determine needs
- May require travel
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account