Hours: 8:00am to 5:00pm, Monday thru Friday
- Manages and coordinates the day-to-day activities of the division; facilitates both long-range and current planning actions related to compliance with the Land Development Code and Comprehensive Plan goals, objectives, and policy.
- Supervises and reviews all work performed by Senior Planner(s), Associate Planner(s), and
- Administrative Assistant(s).
- Manages the Development Review Committee process.
- Supervises subordinate employees and evaluates their job performance.
- Assigns projects to planners, coordinates the review of projects, sets up meeting agendas, and assists in resolving technical issues and disputes.
- Prepares staff reports/transmittal items and support documentation on time to the
- City Manager's office for scheduled Commission meetings.
- Meets deadlines for advisory boards and Development Review Committee meetings; writes detailed case analysis reports related to all aspects of current and long-range planning.
- Researches and drafts new or revised land development codes; reviews staff reports of
- planning staff prior to submission for approval.
- Provides analysis and responses regarding the compatibility of the proposed development with and Development Codes and Comprehensive Plan designations.
- Participates in the maintenance and coordination of the current planning agenda, long-range planning and, related administrative needs through the use of a detailed activity report.
- Obtains, assembles, summarizes and, analyzes data involved in planning, such as land use,
- population, economic characteristics, traffic, land development and, other factors pertinent to a comprehensive planning program, including the use of GIS software to produce maps.
- Provides technical and professional advisement regarding planning and development functions to professionals, management, governing authorities, and, members of the public.
- Manages resident complaints about neighborhood traffic issues.
- Provides technical recommendations on the development and implementation of growth management policies and regulations.
- Evaluates land use and zoning proposals to ensure compliance with applicable City, State or Federal laws, codes, ordinances, and related regulatory standards.
- Participates in the supervision of administrative support, paraprofessional department staff, and
- Substantial knowledge of the principles and practices applied to the review and analysis of urban planning and growth management initiatives.
- Substantial knowledge of the planning, zoning, physical development, and economic development principles and practices applied to municipal community development.
- Substantial knowledge of the body of available and current information resources applicable to the planning and growth management for technical research purposes and for special projects as may be assigned.
- Substantial knowledge of legislation affecting growth management and land development.
As a Westaff Planning Supervisor, We Offer You:
- Competitive pay
- Paid weekly (Direct Deposit or ATM Debit Card available)
- Access to health benefits and retirement plan
- A personal recruiter to help with job searches and assistance when at work!
- FREE ONLINE skills training
APPLY TODAY for IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION for our Planning Supervisor job!
Members of the Military and Veterans Encouraged to Apply!