Westaff has an immediate opening for an
Accounting Assistant/Receptionist in Middletown, CT.
Competitive pay of $20-$22/hr
Full time temp to perm opportunity, NO WEEKENDS, M-F 8-4:30
- Welcome clients and visitors as needed
- Sort and distribute incoming mail.
- Answer phone inquiries, direct calls and provide basic company information
- Open mail, sort invoice and set payment priorities.
- Input and code all invoices, credit memos and discounts into Peachtree and Misys.
- Match purchase orders and bills of lading with corresponding invoices.
- Run aged payable report for approval.
- Process check run in Peachtree
- Create excel spreadsheet for electronic checks and email them
- Create credit card authorization forms and email them to vendors
- Schedule money wires and ACH payments through the company’s bank account website
- Resolve purchase order, contract, invoice or payment discrepancies and documentation
- Set up new vendors in the internal financial software databases.
- Complete credit application forms and references for vendors.
- Provide vendors with W9 forms, tax exemption certificates and tax liability insurance forms
The ideal Accounting Assistant/Receptionist will have the following:
- Associate's Degree in accounting or business (two-year college) required
- 3 plus years of experience processing payables and other accounting tasks an office environment
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience with Peachtree is a plus!