Experienced Materials Handler
Competitive Pay. Fast-Growing Company.
We have an immediate need for an experienced, hardworking, detail-oriented Material Handler to work at a fast-growing company. Don’t miss the chance to join the Westaff team and receive competitive weekly pay, good benefits, and FREE online skills training to help you get ahead!
Find out why manufacturing employees are 3x’s happier working for Westaff than the other guys. Complete your application.
“The people at Westaff are very trustworthy and have a concern for their employees.” Westaff Associate, Lillie
We Require Our Customers to Offer:
As a Westaff Materials Handler We Offer You:
Working For Westaff
Westaff is a nationwide professional staffing firm with more than 70 years of recruiting and selection expertise to match job candidates with positions where they will succeed. As the specialty franchise division of EmployBridge, the nation’s largest industrial staffing company with over 400 locations, finding your ideal job opportunity has never been easier. Through our extensive network of clients, we can introduce you to a variety of administrative, clerical or light industrial opportunities. We’re dedicated to getting good people good jobs
Shift is 7a-3p or 6a-2p.
1. Receives incoming raw materials (forgings and plated housings) by unloading trucks; holds materials for internal quality inspection; moves materials to appropriate production line in order to maintain productivity; forwards corresponding receiving documents to Production Control Specialist
2. Reads manifests, retrieves product for shipments, ensures accurate physical count and ships orders to appropriate customer
3. Moves finished goods from machine to shipping area to stage for customer shipment
4. Completes packing slips for NSK finishing product and labels and loads corresponding finished goods on truck for shipment to customer
5. Transfers machined housings from production area to shipping area for shipment to external plating vendor for secondary operation; receives plated housings upon their return and transfers them to appropriate production area for finishing
6. Provides production areas with empty shipping containers (plastic tote bins referred to as “dunnage”) to fill with parts for shipment
7. Empties metal chip turnings from bins on multiple machine lines by rake on a regular basis (at least daily) to ensure production lines are provided with empty bins for capturing turnings
8. Disposes of trash and moves plastic waste to baler for recycling; bales plastic when bin is full; contacts recycling vendor to schedule pick-up of plastic recycling
9. Cleans, organizes and returns empty pallets, lids and tote bins to either designated internal staging area or external vendor for recycling
10. Stages incoming and outgoing materials in accordance with FIFO (First In; First Out) rotation 11. Organizes inventory in preparation for annual physical inventory