Westaff is hiring a Dispatcher/Logistics Coordinator in Lafayette, La.
Candidate MUST be able to work an on call schedule a few times a week & some weekends.
Permanent opportunity with the Client
The general duties of the dispatcher include:
- Make sure all locations in GOM have the correct number of staff that are required by the locations contract.
- Set up crew changes for each location on the designated crew change date, time and dock.
- Create and maintain rotation schedules to ensure personnel does not stay offshore longer than the desired amount of time mandated by operations.
- Check in personnel for job assignments and review expectations, pay rates and required PPE.
- Update and maintain records in the logistics software system.
- Ensure that site managers (camp boss) is sending in crew change forms at least five days prior to crew change date.
- Report all opening and closing jobsites to multiple department heads.
- Forecast staffing needs and advise management of positions required to fulfill job assignments.
- Verify, log and distribute timesheets to payroll department as they are received.
- Assign transportation duties to drivers based on expected crew change dates.
- Assume on-call duties as scheduled by management.
- Prior experience working in a dispatch/logistics role preferred.
Job Skills Required:
- Good communication skills.
- Good organization skills.
- Great attitude and works well in a team environment.
- Works well with others across department lines.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to solve problems independently and know when to seek management guidance.
- Knowledge of offshore port/dock locations along the Gulf coast.
Qualified Dispatchers APPLY NOW