Do you have experience mixing chemicals or have a Biochemical degree? Would you enjoy ensuring that all chemicals are measured and mixed properly for machine operators to then utilize the materials?
Westaff is hiring a production technician to work for a manufacturing company in Avon CT that products adhesive graphic films, reflective materials and adhesive tape systems! The benefits to working with this company are endless!
3rd Shift: 10pm- 6am (Must be willing to train on 1st shift)
Pay: Depending on Experience!
Job Duties and Responsibilities of the chemical production technician:
- the use of liquid volume measuring devices, scales, mixers, thermometers, and materials handling devices.
- the use of personal protective devices including such things as safety shields, gloves, aprons, and disposable air purifying respirators.
- Conduct all operations in accordance with relevant ISO requirements.
- The Chemical Mix Technician may also be required to perform special investigations to assist in solving operational problems and to provide support to R&D personnel with mixing of experimental formulations.
- Heat, transfer, supply chemicals to support Manufacturing Departments as needed.
The ideal chemical production technician should have:
- Associate’s degree in a Scientific or technical related field.
- 2-5 years hand-on chemical mixing/storage/use experience and equipment
- Proficiency in computer applications (MS Office) required.
- Hazardous Waste Training; including DOT Hazardous Materials Transportation, Hazwoper, Hazardous Handling, Hazard Communication.
- Weekly pay
- Health, Dental, Vision and 401K
- Free online skill building training
- Permanent Opportunity
Members of the Military and Veterans are encouraged to apply!