Manufacturing plant hiring a Junior Production Planner to interact and coordinate with purchasing, engineering, and production departments to ensure that work orders are created and closed for internal and external suppliers. The Junior Production Planner will support the Materials department, Contract Administrators and provide labor and materials costs, and will request quotes (RFQ) from vendors for the same purpose.
Long term, temp to hire.
Schedule: M-F 8:30AM-5:30PM + OT as Needed
Pay Rate: $21.63 Per hour
- Responsible to estimate materials and provide inventory requirements to achieve customer on time delivery, shop floor efficient direct labor utilization, and equipment utilization and inventory management.
- Create and update Bills of Materials; Submit Bills of Materials for costing.
- Create new part numbers; Create work orders to support forecasted and firm orders.
- Maintain material and labor routings to reflect requirements on the engineering BOM and labor required to complete order; Track and report material and labor consumption for work orders; Reschedule work orders as required to optimize productivity.
- Manage inventory adjustments for scrap; Close internal and external production orders on time; Maintain shipping log. Identify and resolve ERP system and data issues; Maintain data integrity in the system;
- Prior work experience planning materials in Manufacturing industry.
- Proficiency required with MS Office and other office information systems.
- Must be energetic self-driven with ability to be flexible in a dynamic fast paced environment.
- Some college education acceptable, Associate Degree in business related field or equivalent preferred.
- General understanding of manufacturing, scheduling and materials consumption required.
- Familiarity with short interval shop floor scheduling and job scheduling preferable.
- Experience in materials and accounting highly desirable.